The final, revised Formal Research Assignment should meet the following criteria:
- APA format (including an APA title page,body, and reference page). Please utilize 7th edition of APA format. For information on formatting an APA document, look to the resources from APA Style.org.
- Must be 2500 words. The title page and reference page do not count towards the word count.
- Use a standard, APA approved font.
- With the exception of the introduction and conclusion, one form of support should be used on each page. Make sure to include APA cited paraphrases, summaries, and quotations. There should be an APA reference in your reference list for each source you use.
- Utilize integrated short burst quotations. These are five to seven words of a quote woven into the body of your own sentences. No block quotes should be used.
- Utilize at least seven current academic sources for support within the body of the Formal Research Assignment. Sources should be obtained from the eLibrary databases.They should consist of scholarly articles published within the last five years. Outside sources such as Google Scholar and the NIH databases may be used with instructor approval. Personal communication may be acceptable, but check with your instructor first.