Based on the following titles of research studies, identify what you believe to be the specific type of quantitative or qualitative design of the study and the rationale for your selection. Refer to the links above for descriptions of research designs.
1. Determining the effect of position on heel pressure in older adults.
2. Factors that influenced the development of democracy in America.
3. The relationship between physical activity and GPA in nursing students.
4. Determining the effect of a new drug to treat brain tumors.
5. Coping strategies of chronically ill men and women.
6. Determining the incidence of drug abuse in RNs in community hospitals.
7. The meaning of living with COPD.
8. Exploring the Aborigine culture.
Select one of the suggested references listed below. Based on your selection, complete the following tasks:
- Identify and describe the research problem, purpose, objectives, and hypothesis identified in the article.
- Describe how you would evaluate the credibility of the research article.
Fitzwater, J., Johnstone, C., Schippers, M., Cordoza, M., & Norman, B. (2019). A comparison of oral, axillary, and temporal artery temperature measuring devices in adult acute care. MEDSURG Nursing 28 (1), 35-41.
Gibbon, G. & Crane, J. (2018). The impact of ‘missed care’ on the professional socialisation of nursing students: A qualitative research study. Nurse Education Today 66(2018), 19-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2018.04.002
Purtzer, M.A., Hermansen-Kobulnicky, C.J. (2016). Optimizing the benefits of self-monitoring among patients with cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum 43(6), E218-225. doi: 10.1188/16.ONF.E218-E225
Tongvichean, T., Aungsuroch, Y., & Preechawong, S. (2019). Effect of self-management exercise program on physical fitness among people with prehypertension and obesity: A quasi experiment study. Pacific Rim International Journal of Research, 23(1), 6-17.