Please choose ONE of the following topics and respond to the thread corresponding to the question you select. Please include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post.
1. Screening, gender- and age-specific. Discuss the screening process and upcoming possibilities for screening options. Be sure to provide examples of three different health screens (one related to age, one related to gender, and one related to ethnicity or culture).
2. Keeping patients healthy and preventative care. Include statistics regarding population-specific preventative care as well as those diseases that are caught early with better outcomes, not only to the patient but to the healthcare system (for example, independence, financial cost). Discuss three preventative care opportunities that can have a significant impact on the life and health of the patient. Focus primarily on immunizations.
3. Health counseling and education barriers to preventative care (for example, inadequate reimbursement, insufficient time, healthcare literacy). Discuss three barriers and offer suggestions as to how an APRN can address these barriers.
4. Levels of prevention (primary prevention is most important in adult learning). Review the five levels of prevention and then focus on primary prevention. Offer three innovative ways in which to engage the adult population.
5. Secondary prevention screening in the general adult population age 18–64 (diabetes, HIV, Hep C, etc.). Discuss current literature and statistics regarding secondary screening: success, failure, and cost. Review what is considered secondary screening and provide three examples.
6. Screening tools as part of health promotion and disease prevention, etc. Discuss screening tools that should be used in most healthcare settings. Some of these tools may be age-, gender-, or situation-specific. Discuss three screening tools you use daily as you engage with patients. Do you think there are benefits to using these screening tools? Why or why not?
7. Mental health care is lacking in almost every community in our country. Discuss three issues that the United States faces in terms of mental health care as related to health promotion and disease prevention. What challenges do you see in your own community?
– Please include at least 3 scholarly sources within your initial post.
– APA style.
– Minimun 400 – 450 words.
– Turnitin Assignment (No plagiarism)
Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse, I work at a Psychiatric Hospital.