Unit 7 Marketing Management at Presidential Campaigns
The political campaign of then Senator Barack Obama has been hailed as one of the most dominant and effective marketing campaigns ever, taking an unknown Senator from Illinois and propelling him to become the 44th President of the United States. After database marketing and the use of the Internet and social media proved a key to winning the presidential election in 2008, the Obama campaign team vowed to exploit it even more during his 2012 reelection campaign. Personalizing communications and saying and doing the right thing for the right person at the right time are critical for marketing effectiveness, as marketers for the Obama 2008 and 2012 campaigns recognized.
1. Complete the assigned readings and any optional readings or videos you choose for this unit.
2. Review the Writing Assignments and Presentations Rubric in Materials below to see how your work for this assignment will be graded.
3. In a Microsoft Word document, write a paper in which you describing and analyzing how the Obama campaign’s marketing communications methods shaped those used in the 2016 Presidential campaigns and what we can expect in the 2020 campaign. In your paper support your analysis using research (Internet or other forms) and the ideas and concepts presented in chapter 14-17. This assignment is an opportunity to validate your understanding and ability to apply course concepts to real events. 19,20,21,22
4. Ensure that your paper incorporates the following:
• A minimum of two pages (not including cover page, table of contents, etc.)
• Double-spaced lines
• 12-point font size text
• APA writing style