this group assignment, you are to take on the role of an executive board member for a hypothetical nonprofit service organization. As a group, you will decide what kind of community service your organization provides. It can be a homeless shelter, low-income housing provider, teen center, substance abuse treatment center, a senior center, or something else. The choice is yours. (CIVIL RIGHTS FOR THE TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY).
Your organization is facing a crisis called Not in My Backyard (NIMBY). The community in which you are located has decided that your services are not in keeping with the image the community wants to maintain, and it wants “those people” out of the community. To stay, you need to develop a strategic plan for educating the community, your membership, and your clients about what you do and what value this service provides to your community. Your future existence depends on the result.
As a Group
The Group must complete the M.Ed. Group Project Charter Requirements before moving forward with the assignment. The entire group is responsible for the review and completion of the M.Ed. Group Project Charter requirements. The Group Charter can be found here.
Select a type of nonprofit service organization, and identify some of the misperceptions that are causing the NIMBY response. You may do this through a chat session or a series of postings and responses to the group Discussion Board. There should be clear evidence that these decisions were made by the group and not by individuals.
Once you have established who you are and what issue you have, create a strategic training plan. In your strategic training plan, you need to include the following:
- What services do you provide and to whom?
- What is the culture of the organization and the people in it who will be affected by your planning?
- What are the issues that the community says it has with your organization?
- ☆Who do you need to educate?
- ☆What are the educational objectives for each of these constituencies?
- ☆What are the affective conditions of each constituency? How might the affective domain influence your choice and implementation of a training strategy?(THE LAST THREE QUESTIONS WITH THE STAR BESIDE IT IS THE PART IM RESPONSIBLE FOR I NEED AT LEAST 5 PAGES WRITTEN AND SCHOLARLY REFERENCES. THE TOPIC AGAIN IS CIVIL RIGHTS FOR THE TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY.