Write a sentence or two about each of the following thesis statements. If they are weak, explain why. If they are good, explain why as well.
1. It is clear that abortion ends a life.
2. Abortion is murder.
3. Abortion is the most basic of rights available to women.
4. Opponents and proponents of abortion have never had a chance to vote on its legality.
5. Abortion is legal in the U.S. today less because we believe in a woman’s right to end a pregnancy than because we have an impoverished understanding of personhood.
6. I believe that we need to educate ourselves better about genetically modified foods.
7. Some genetically modified foods are harmful; others are not.