Recently, your manager asked that each person in your department select an emerging policy, practice, or process that is relevant to your career or professional development goals and present it to the team in an informative, unbiased presentation to help the team learn more about a variety of career-relevant topics.
Your manager was especially interested in your presentation, and asked if you could develop and deliver a short persuasive speech to present to organizational leaders about what action the organization should take regarding your selected emerging policy, practice, or process.
Select a persuasive stance on the topic of your informational presentation from Project One. Then develop and present a 3- to 5-minute professional, persuasive speech to recommend what action the organization should take regarding your selected emerging policy, practice, or process.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Introduction: Develop an introduction that includes a clear, attention-getting purpose, claim, and credibility statement and sets the stage for the body of your speech.
- Body: Develop a well-organized body for your speech that incorporates purposeful evidence and explanations that support your claim to persuade your audience.
- Conclusion: Develop a conclusion to your speech that summarizes your main points and leaves your audience with a clear call to action that aligns to your claim.
- Audience Centeredness: Craft a speech that clearly takes your target audience’s perspectives and values into consideration through careful selection of evidence and word choice.
- Vocal Presentation: Use appropriate tone and voice modulation techniques such as purposeful use of volume, pitch, and pauses as well as appropriate rate, articulation, and vocal variety to support audience engagement and understanding.
- Length: Present all components of the persuasive speech in the allotted time frame of 3-5 minutes.
- Body Language: Use movement, sustained eye contact, and appropriate gestures effectively to convey professionalism, trust, and confidence to the audience.
- Space: Record your speech in a physical space that has limited distractions to help the audience focus on your delivery and the content of your speech.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Submit a 3- to 5-minute audiovisual recording of you presenting your persuasive speech using the camera option in Bongo. Sources should be orally cited according to APA style.
SCRIPT & OUTLINE***
Persuasive stance attached (5-1 activity)