For your assignment, this week, assume you have already graduated and are working in the field of social work at the MSW level. You are employed at a non-profit mental health clinic as a clinical manager. You have been asked to prepare a PowerPoint presentation regarding your state’s (or providence’s) social work and mental health practice laws and regulations. This presentation will be shown to all newly hired social workers.
In your presentation, include the following (based on the state in which you live or intend to practice):
- Provide a brief explanation of what external factors (historical, social, cultural, economic, organizational, environmental, and/or global) led to the creation of licensing laws and the regulation of professional practice.
- Explain how a mental health practice and/or a social work practice is defined according to your state’s laws or regulations.
- Provide the web address where employees can learn about social work licensure and/or certification in this state.
- Examine the mandatory reporting laws in your state.
- Explain the regulations regarding involuntary commitment.
- Determine if your state follows Duty to Warn or Duty to Protect. Provide examples to support your findings.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists and should cite material appropriately. Add audio to each slide using the Media section of the Insert tab in the top menu bar for each slide.
Support your presentation with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide