Week 2 Discussion Topic
Due December 10 at 12:59 AM
Before beginning work on this week’s discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this week’s topic.
- By the due date assigned respond to the assigned discussion questions and submit your responses to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.
Respond to the assigned questions using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading.
- Support your answers with examples and research and cite your research using the APA format.
- Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible.
- Based on this week’s from your assigned readings, respond to one of the following questions:
- Research three different decision making models. Compare them in your post. Propose a practical application from your study of the models.
- Select three of the motivational theories discussed in this week’s material. Compare their similarities and differences. Propose a practical application from your study of the theories.
- Research “framing” (within the context of decision making and problem solving.) How might framing affect organizations? Analyze how perceptual biases may occur. Propose a practical application from your study.
- Week 2 Project Assignment
- Due December 14 at 12:59 AM
This course has major project assignments due in Week 3 and Week 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and work on those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
- Employee Motivation
Select any four of the following motivation theories you read about this week:
- Self Determination Theory
- Goal Setting Theory
- Self-Efficacy Theory
- Equity Theory/Organizational Justice
- Employee Involvement
- Job Design
- Based on research using the course text and other scholarly materials, write a paper that describes how you would use each theory to motivate your employees. Be very detailed and support what you say with research.
CLICK HERE for the REQUIRED outline template for this assignment.
- Submit your 3 to 4 page paper in Microsoft Word, using APA style.
- Support your responses with examples and research.
- Name your document SU_MGT3002_W2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.