You are an information security manager for a large national retailer and are directly responsible for the planning and oversight of IT audits. At the request of the board of directors, the CEO has tasked you with developing a plan for conducting regular audits of the IT infrastructure. The planning and management aspects of IT audit are critical to the overall success of the audit and, consequently the overall success of the systems implemented in the organization.
You must develop a policy for conducting IT audits and develop a project plan for conducting two-week IT audits.In addition to the typical networking and Internetworking infrastructure of a medium-sized organization, the organization has the following characteristics:
- They have a main office and 268 stores in the United States.
- They use a cloud computing environment for storage and applications.
- Their IT infrastructure includes Cisco workgroup and core switches, Cisco routers, Cisco firewalls and intrusion prevention systems, and servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- They have over 1,000 desktops and approximately 500 organization-owned laptops at the main headquarters.
- They allow employees to bring their own devices into the organization; however, they are subject to search upon entry and exit from the building.
- They enable remote access to corporate information assets for employees and limited access to extranet resources for contractors and other business partners.
- They enable wireless access at the main office and the stores.
- They process an average of 67.2 credit card transactions per hour, every day, at each location, and via their corporate website.
Section 1: Internal IT Audit Policy.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Develop an internal IT audit policy, which includes at a minimum:
- Goals and objectives.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Management oversight and responsibility.
- Areas covered in the IT audits.
- Frequency of the audits.
- Use at least two quality resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.