In Week Two, you wrote a rough draft of an essay that reflected one of the following options:
- Describe a person, place, or object that has special meaning in your life.
- Describe a particular moment or occurrence in your life that had special meaning to you.
This week you will complete this draft and turn in your Narrative/Descriptive Essay – Final Draft. If you chose Option 1, utilize the Descriptive Writing Pattern described in Chapter 6. If you chose Option 2, utilize the Narrative Writing Pattern described in Chapter 6. The Narrative/Descriptive Essay – Final Draft needs to be between 550 and 800 words.
Your essay must include:
- A clear thesis statement in the intro paragraph.
- Specific details about the person, place, object, or event so that readers can visualize the subject and/or feel present in the story. Your description should be specific and appeal to the five senses.
- A conclusion paragraph.
Writing the Narrative/Descriptive Essay – Final Draft
The Final Draft:
- Must be 550 to 800 words in length, and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
You will find attached the essay that I have already started. I just need you to finish the story…by including one or two more paragraphs about meeting my husband as he steps off the plane. (The story is about my husbands homecoming) … I’m sure you can guess how the story might end as i’ve already painted the scene in the beginning paragraphs. Please use descriptive language, and try to put yourself in my shoes as to how I might have been feeling. I also need you to fix the intro (1st para) because apparently it does not have a clear thesis statement according to my tutor. Also sort any grammatical errors that you might see. Please ensure the essay has between 550 and 800 words, and follows the above instructions.