To complete this assignment you will create a 10-slide PowerPoint Presentation that focuses on the characteristics of a Petrarchan Sonnet.
1. Read the next to the last paragraph of the introduction to Petrarch’s work found on page 1620 in your textbook.
2. Make a list of the characteristics of a Petrarchan sonnet according to page 1620.
3. Choose one of Petrarch’s sonnets that you think fits the characteristics of the Petrarchan sonnet really well.
4. Create a 10-slide PowerPoint Presentation that identifies these characteristics. The first and last slides are introductions, of course. The other eight slides should be set up in the following manner:
a. What is the characteristic?
b. Identify the line(s) in the sonnet that fits the characteristic.
c. Properly cite that line. Citing lines is extremely important. You may want to visit purdueowl.com to see how to do in-text citations.
d. Explain how the lines you are citing are examples of the characteristic on this slide.
5. Continue this process until you have eight slides that focus on the characteristics of the Petrarchan sonnet. You will have a total of 10 slides.