For the project, you will be creating a database system to solve a business problem of
your choice. The database system must meet the criteria shown below. In addition to the
database solution, you will prepare a system summary.
Database System Requirements:
Create a database and name it ITCO630_GP3. Populate your database with
appropriate test data.
Include all of the scripts in a single file called ITCO630_GP3.SQL.
Create at least three related tables in the database.
Create at least two stored procedures and a script to use each of them.
Create at least one view (using a script).
Create at least one trigger.
Create at least five useful queries. At least one of these queries should use a
subquery and at least one of the queries should use an aggregate function.
All scripts should be well documented.
In addition, you will prepare a summary document with the following information. This
document will be submitted as a separate item along with the ZIP of the database and
the associated files.
1. a Word document describing the system
2. an ERD or other graphical representation of the system
3. a description of the views, stored procedures, triggers, and queries
4. step-by-step instructions on how to run the queries that will demonstrate the
functionality of the system
5. a summary of strengths and weaknesses of the system, as designed
You will submit the database, log file, query files in a zip file called ITCO630_GP.ZIP,
and his or her own individual summary document as a separate submission. Please
detach the database before creating the zip file.