Conduct a thorough case study analysis of the case, And then prepare a case study write-up including a background statement, major problems and secondary issues, your role, organizational strengths and weaknesses, alternatives and recommended solutions, and evaluation.
Case For Analysis and Write Up
Dr. O’connor was known for his hot temper and drinking. Although he claimed never to come to work under the influence, nurse physicians and other coworkers had their doubts, and several expressed their alarm to their supervisors. The emergency room needed coverage, and it was hard to find physicians who would work the graveyard shift, so little was done to address these concerns. One night, Dr. O’conner walked across a clearly marked wet floor that the custodian had just mopped. When the angry janitor protested loudly and pointed to the bright yellow sign and the offending footprints, Dr. O’Connor took a swing at the other man and a fistfight ensued.
1. What should the hospital do to del with the good doctor? who should handle this?
2. What role, if any, did the janitor paly in this incident? What could he have done differently?
3. Where should the doctor be referred- anger mangement, Alcoholics Anonymous, psychiatric evalution? provide a rationale for youe answer.
4. How can this incident be turned into a “teachable moment” for the staff, Physicians, and others?
5. How could this have been prevented?