You have been assigned company Quest Diagnostics ( Stock Symbol-DGX) to study and you should research this company online to develop an understanding of the company’s business and business model/strategic plan. Based on this information and the financial information provided, you must provide a self-contained analysis of your company with a written report. Your analysis must, at a minimum, address the following points (with complete justification if an opinion is provided):
Questions to be answered:
1. An analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of your company based purely on an analysis of the (raw) financial statements alone.
2. A discussion of the ratios that are relevant (and/or irrelevant) to the analysis of your company based on the company’s business. Be sure to justify your discussion.
3. An analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of your company purely based on an analysis of the ratio data alone.
4. An integrated discussion of the conclusions from items 1 and 3 as it relates to the company and whether this financial information reflects operations of the company consistent with the business plan you have identified.
5. A discussion of how an outsider (e.g., investor) would view your assigned company based on the financial information provided.
You are expected to deliver the following:
A five-to-seven-page written discussion of your analysis above .
Notes On Attachments:
1)Income Statement Excel-Use this Excel to see the financial statements for Quest Diagnostics-Helpful for question 1
2)Balance Sheet Excel-Use this Excel to see the financial statements for Quest Diagnostics-Helpful for question1
3)Cash Flow Excel-Use this Excel to see the financial statements for Quest Diagnostics-Helpful for question 1.
4)Growth Table, Operating and efficiency, Financial Health, Cash Flow Excel-All these excels(Key Statistics) are used to analyze Financial Ratio’s-Helpful for question 2 and 3
5)Quest Diagnostics Valuation Word Document-This Document i provided the Image of quest diagnostics valuations. You will see various valuation ratios/market multiples-Helpful for Question 2 and 3
Please use the attached excel/word data only. Dont use any other information/data from outside.