Final Evaluation and Self-Assessment
Throughout the past nine weeks, you have had the ability to apply social work practice skills in a real-world setting. At the end of your placement, your supervisor completed a final evaluation of your practice skills.
Having had the chance to review your final evaluation, you will now synthesize the results of your evaluation to help you self-assess your field education experience. By performing the self-assessment, you will evaluate your professional development as a future social worker.
For this assignment, reflect on your field education experience. Consider the skills that you have developed and how they might contribute to your professional identity as a social worker. Reflect on what you had hoped to learn in your concentration year experience.
As you review your evaluation, the opportunity to engage in personal professional development should remain a consideration for the remainder of your program.
For this Assignment, reflect on your field education experience. Review the results of your final evaluation and reflect on what you would like to gain in future practice experiences.
Note: You should receive your final evaluation from you field instructor.
The Assignment (4–5 pages):
- Explain whether you demonstrated social work practice skills throughout your field education experience, including a description of each social work practice skill and the measure(s) provided in the final evaluation.
- Explain how participation in your field education course might help you prepare for a career in social work.
- Describe potential areas where you might need improvement in relation to social work practice skills.
- Explain how you might address those areas as you continue to develop as a professional social worker.
- Explain how you have grown as a professional during this process.
- Propose personal action plans that you can continue into your professional career.
- Be sure to submit the results of your evaluation to this Assignment.