Children are growing and developing at a fast rate. Age-appropriate activities can help support children’s growth and development. Read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention article and download the Milestone Checklist for one chosen age group from the choices listed:
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 1 year
- 18 months-
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years – this is the one I would like it done on
- 5 years
Imagine that you are an educator or a clinician in the field. Complete one of these checklists based on an imaginary child in your care. After you have completed the checklist, compose a three to four page case study, not including APA title page and reference page. In your case study, address the following questions:
- Summarize the child’s development using the data from your checklist.
- Compare the development of the child with the major developmental milestones in child development
- Describe three activities for the child when they are in your environment
- Give two or more examples of at home activities for the families to support their child at home
- Explain how you will establish a relationship with the child’s family
- Describe how will you assess the child’s development
You must cite the textbook and at least two scholarly resources that you used in APA format.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
The text book is Marotz & Allen Developing Profiles: Pre-Birth Through Adolescence