Develop an evaluation plan to determine if each learning objective has been met in your training and development program.
For this assessment, you will develop an evaluation plan for your training and development program.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
The basic framework for training evaluation is built from Kirkpatrick’s four levels of evaluation: reaction, learning, behaviors, and results. This assessment supports the collection methods and analysis of evaluation data for your training and development program.
Use the Effective Training textbook, the Internet, or the Capella Library to research Kirkpatrick’s evaluation levels.
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Develop two or more Kirkpatrick evaluation levels for your training and development program.
- Explain how each evaluation level will be measured. (Hint: Will you use a sample questionnaire, an observer checklist, or a test?)
- Analyze the methodology you would use in the evaluation process. (Hint: Would you use a pre- and post-training evaluation, a post-training evaluation, or a control group that does not receive the training but serves as a comparison group for evaluation?)
- Justify the evaluation plan used for your training and development program.
- Written communication: Written communication is in a professional style with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Headings: Incorporate level headings according to current APA style.
- Length: A typical response should be 2-3 typed double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- References: Use at least two references.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Demonstrate effective training program design, development, and implementation.
- Analyze the methodology used in the evaluation process.
- Competency 3: Demonstrate effective training program measurement and evaluation.
- Explain how evaluation levels will be measured.
- Justify the evaluation plan used for the training and development program.