Big data is the hot topic of the company you work for. With the majority of the world’s data being created in the last few years or an average of 2.5 quintillion bytes of data generated daily, it is the future of business decision-making. You are the Chief Information Officer for a large publicly-traded company and part of the executive leadership team. The executive leadership team consists of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Finance Officer (CFO), Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Chief Operations Officer (COO), Chief Information Officer (CIO), and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). The Executive leadership team has asked you to prepare a presentation about big data and how it will be useful to the company and to each of the team members in their individual roles.
Research any publicly traded company and create a PowerPoint presentation. Remember that each department officer wants to know how the decision to use big data will help him or her specifically. In your presentation, include:
- Title slide
- Definition of big data’s impact on analytical decision-making
- Summary of how big data could impact each department
- Analysis of one of the departments using the big data evaluation
- Determine the scope (KPIs).
- Discuss the planning (variables and measurements).
- Discussoperations or implementation of the method.
- What data visualization method could be used for results?
- A decision tree for implementing or not implementing bigdata for the company
- Final recommendation
- Provide attribution for credible sources needed in completing your report