Read the case study, Stopping Outshopping [PDF] (attached). Then, use the Internet to research similar marketing strategies in the health care industry.
Your task is to create an offensive marketing plan for Scarlet Hospital. The competition has already created a marketing plan that advertises in your area, so your marketing plan should reflect that.
Review Philip Kotler’s Marketing Plan to understand what you will need to include in your plan.
You may want to watch some of the videos found in the LinkedIn Learning course, Writing a Marketing Plan, (https://www.linkedin.com/learning/writing-a-marketing-plan-2/unlock-the-power-of-a-written-marketing-plan?autoplay=true&u=57878161) to get specifics on the different parts of a plan.
You may also want to review the article 8 Important Steps to Successfully Implement Your Marketing Plan. (https://flybluekite.com/how-to-implement-your-marketing-plan/)
Your plan should be 4–6 pages and include the following eight sections:
- An Executive Summary and Table of Contents that summarizes the key points of the marketing plan including any recommendations and strategies and has an itemized table of contents for the plan that make each of the sections easy to find.
- An explanation of the Current Marketing Situation that determines whether Scarlet Hospital is ready to fully compete aggressively based on market research, and existing marketing plan.
- An Opportunity and Issue Analysis that assesses the existing marketing plan, while making recommendations on the direction Scarlet Hospital should follow. It should also include a review of the Scarlet hospital strategy for assessing the potential for a change or enhancement to generate revenue.
- Objectives for an offensive marketing plan using techniques like market penetration, market development and product development.
- A Market Strategy that proposes a one-page offensive strategy (such as communication, branding, or innovation) that Scarlet Hospital should deploy in order to turn the table on opposing health care providers and improve its competitive marketing position.
- An outline of Action Programs that can be put in place by Scarlet Hospital to protect its market share and thus decrease the chance of losing patients to other institutions. Action programs should also reflect an awareness of the current events that contribute to the risk of losing patients to other institutions.
- Financial Projections that allow Scarlet Hospital to determine if any financial reinforcement is needed for the offensive marketing strategy.
- Implementation Controls that include a review of the marketing team’s plan, communication and project timeline to ensure those pieces contribute to the success of the marketing strategy being implemented.
Use 3 sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source slide at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides. These sources can be the last page of the plan.