Organizational managers are largely responsible for building and managing teams in the workplace. Encouraging corporate leadership to sustain a culture that supports a team structure contributes to the overall performance of the organization through a workforce commitment. Aligning culture and strategy is the fundamental goal of an organization.
You are the Vice President (VP) of Human Resources (HR), and you have been asked by the leadership team to review the existing corporate culture for potential gaps in supporting teams and collaboration in the workforce. You are asked to provide recommendations to the leadership team on creating a corporate culture that supports a collaborative and team environment within the workplace.
Once you have watched the video (Organizational Culture), write a minimum 3-page analysis that answers the following questions and supports your recommendations for updating the corporate culture.
Your plan should identify 3 specific challenges and provide strategies from the questions answered that support your plan to address each challenge. Each point should be 2–3 paragraphs in length.
Watch the following LinkedIn video: Organizational Culture
Answer the following questions:
- When you talk about organizational culture, you are talking about the experiences from the perspective of whom?
- You have just been hired as the HR VP in charge of corporate culture. What will you consider as you address the organizational culture?
- Managing corporate culture well directly impacts the health of an organization through what key areas?
- Culture helps to identify potential employee candidates who will be a good fit. What is this a facet of?
- What are the 7 unique components of culture?
- The traditional culture model by Cameron and Quinn identifies what 4 types of organization culture?
- What are the 4 progressive models of corporate culture?
- What are the 4 steps used to create a culture in an organization?
- What are 3 of the 5 areas identified in the video that warrant a change in culture?
- What is a way to ensure workforce engagement and support for corporate culture?
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.