To begin this assignment, think back to a time when you received poor training to perform a task. Next, in a one-to-two page paper answer the following questions:
- Describe the training you received.
- Based on the training you received, were you adequately or inadequately prepared to perform the task(s) you were trained to do? Explain.
- Based on the training you received, were you confident or apprehensive to perform the task(s) you were trained to do? Explain.
- What mistakes did you make when you actually performed the task(s) for the first time? Were there consequences?
- Describe how the training you received could have been more effective.
- Have you ever trained anyone for a particular task? If so, what skills did you use throughout your instructions? What training aids did you use? Did the person receiving the training perform the task(s) exactly as you specified during training? In retrospect, what improvements could you have made in your training session?
- What training skills would you like to improve and why?