Create an informative website about any topic that interests you. Make sure that you write the content (the paragraphs of information about your topic) yourself. Do not copy content from other web pages. Your website should contain at least 4-6 paragraphs of information, arranged in a logical manner (using headings and sub-headings appropriately), and it should contain at least 4 HTML pages. Use this as an opportunity to teach me something new about a topic which you are knowledgeable about! You may continue to build on the web page that you created in weeks 1-5.
The HTML pages of your website must include all of the following:
Contains the HTML 5 DOCTYPE declaration on each page
- Correctly uses html, head, body, and link tags on each page
- Includes charset, author, keywords, and description meta tags on each page
- Use title tags to give each page an appropriate title
- Link all pages to an external style sheet (.css file)
- Appropriate navigation between pages of your website, using local hyperlinks (coded with relative paths)
- Be sure to create relevant and informative content and to design your website attractively.
Your external style sheet (.css file) must include all of the following:
- Appropriate CSS for main elements in your page (body, headings, horizontal rules, images, etc.), such as page background color, text color, font types, font sizes, font colors, width, height, float, margin, etc. (Basically, this refers to the CSS you added to your website in Assignments 2-5, so fix any errors or omissions from the last assignment before adding the new code below to your CSS file).
- Any additional CSS you wish to add to your website (optional).
Before submitting your web site:
- Validate all HTML files at http://validator.w3.org/ and fix any errors that the validator identifies before submitting your web site for grading.
- Validate all CSS files at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and fix any errors that the validator identifies before submitting your web site for grading.