Advanced Microprocessors & Lab
8086/8088 Hardward Specifications
1. Using a timer to generate a random number, develop a program that displays random numbers between 1 and 47 for your state’s lottery.
Include the source code and screenshots of the output in a Word document.
Questions & Problems:
1. What is the fan-out from the 8086/8088 to the following devices:
A. 74XXX TTL
B. 74ALSXXX TTL
C. 74HCXXX CMOS
2. Explain the operation of the TEST pin and the WAIT instruction.
3. What mode of operation is selected when MN/MX is grounded?
4. What logic levels must be applied to AEN1 and RDY1 to obtain a logic 1 at the READY pin? (Assume that AEN2 is at a logic 1 level.)