In this assignment, you will create a research question to add to your ePortfolio.
In your final course in the criminal justice program, you will create a research question that you will then investigate further. To assist you in this task, we will provide a list of current research topics covered in each course and ask you to submit for instructor feedback at least one research question based on a topic covered in that course. Using the topics listed below (or others covered in this course), create one to three research questions and submit them to your instructor.
This research question assignment is graded based on completion, and instructor feedback should help you strengthen your questions for future use. After you have submitted the questions to your instructor, upload them (and the list of potential topics below, if you wish) to your ePortfolio PDF.
For more information on creating research questions, refer to this research resource from the Shapiro Library. This page also has a helpful FAQ section on research question creation and expectations that you may want to explore further.
- Organizational hierarchy and jurisdictions within the U.S. judicial system
- Roles and responsibilities of those participating in the judicial system (judges, prosecution, defense, allied professionals, etc.)
- Court processes and procedures, pretrial through sentencing
- The role of juries in the criminal court process
- Impact of U.S. Supreme Court decisions on criminal justice policy and professional practice
- Living conditions for incarcerated individuals, especially juveniles
- Steps that can be taken to avoid wrongful convictions
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Submit one to three research questions based on a topic covered in this course.
Guidelines for Submission
This assignment must be completed in a written format.