For this Discussion, you will explore the assessment of Social Determinants of Health. You will develop interview questions and techniques that will facilitate a full assessment of your patients. You will explore available instruments to complete a full assessment of an individuals Social Determinants of Health.
SOCIAL DETERMINANTS OF HEALTH AMONG THE FEMALE POPULATION
- How would your communication and interview techniques for building a health history differ with each patient?
- How might you target your questions for building a health history based on the patient’s social determinants of health?
- What risk assessment instruments would be appropriate to use with each patient, or what questions would you ask each patient to assess his or her health risks?
- Identify any potential health-related risks based upon the patient’s age, gender, ethnicity, or environmental setting that should be taken into consideration.
- Select one of the risk assessment instruments presented in Chapter 1 or Chapter 5 of the Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination text, or another tool with which you are familiar, related to your selected patient.
- Develop at least five targeted questions you would ask your selected patient to assess her health risks and begin building a health history.
Post a summary of the interview and a description of the communication techniques you would use with your assigned patient. Explain why you would use these techniques. Identify the risk assessment instrument you selected and justify why it would be applicable to the selected patient. Provide at least five targeted questions you would ask the patient. Identify and discuss at least one online, national, or local resource available to your at-risk client.